Tuesday, June 30, 2015

How To Tuesday: Wedding Day Beauty

So my lovely sister is getting married next week and I couldn't be more excited. Not only am I lucky enough to be her maid of honor and stand by side her while she marries an awesome guy, but I also have the privilege to do her makeup and nails for the big day! I have been spending the last few weeks pondering ideas, plowing through books and playing with different looks. I have a running check list of do this, don't do that and I have decided to share it with you. So here it is my Wedding Beauty Dos and Don'ts.

Primer, it's a must! Even if you think your makeup stays all day, trust me it doesn't. You want your makeup to hold up through dancing, toasting, selfies, up until the last photo of the evening and a primer will help you achieve that.

Stay Natural, your wedding day is not the time for electric blue shadows or the latest purple lipstick trend. You want your makeup to look timeless on the big day and in your photos.  One look that never goes out of style: radiant skin, rosy cheeks, pink lips, and a softly defined eye.

Glowing Skin and shiny skin are NOT the same. To control shine, dust translucent powder onto your forehead, your chin and sides of nose. 

Waterproof Mascara is non-negotiable! If you are adventurous add a few clusters of false lashes to really make your eyes pop.

Get a manicure and pedicure, this is self explanatory. Your hands are going to be in pictures and feet are joining the photo group more and more. So do yourself a favor and get your fingers and toes pampered, you can thank me later.

Keep nails simple.  Nothing sticks out more then bright colored nails against an ivory or white backdrop, or in this case wedding dress. Stick with soft shades that are more sheer then chalky. 

That's the list, nothing too overwhelming right?  Also these Dos and Don'ts can work for bridesmaids, moms, and guests too, not just the bride.  I can't wait to hear what you think of my list.

Love|Makeup|Nails,
Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment